[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS on 2.4.26 ? OpenMosix ?

Atro Tossavainen Atro.Tossavainen@helsinki.fi
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:08:33 +0200 (EET)

Terry,

> I was wondering if I should use runhome in launching the AFS daemon?
> Using mtop I don't see any indication that afsd (or anything else for
> that matter) has been migrated. Still I wonder if afsd was migrated, if
> that could explain the eraticness I see.

I would expect that to have the same results as the locking attempts
my modified /etc/init.d/afs has, i.e. none.  If my guess about processes
that show up in ps -f with brackets being kernel threads was anywhere
near correct, they would not migrate under MOSIX - I would be surprised
if they did under OpenMosix.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,