[OpenAFS-devel] Compile failures with ppc architecture

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:31:44 +0100

On Dec 21, 2004, at 9:27 PM, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Frank Bagehorn wrote:
>
>> Well rx.c initializes it, but the rx code declares it as an external
>> variable in rx_globals.h
>>        EXT pthread_key_t rx_thread_id_key;
>
> EXT is not extern. EXT is a macro.
>
> rx_globals.c should define EXT to ""

I hate it to correct you, Derrick ... ;-) but AFAIK
EXT is defined  to extern if the initialization has been done which is
a nifty way to look if somebody already used a construct from that
header.
It's just like the protection against multiple inclusion only if INIT
is defined you declare every following variable as extern.

Which means you're right but it's a little bit more than that....

Horst