[OpenAFS-devel] Linux kernel 2.6

Kevin openafsd@gnosys.biz
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:27:59 -0500

I see from the archives that this question has been asked and answered
recently, but I'm asking again because I see in the configuration options
of the 2.6 kernel, an experimental option for support of AFS
(CONFIG_AFS_FS).

Can anyone here comment on that?  Is there something going on with the 2.6
kernel that might make AFS function with 2.6 after all?  The last thread
I saw discussing this issue concluded with something along the lines of:
"...it won't work and it will be a great deal of effort to make it
work..."

I just recently built a 2.6 kernel and saw that option and thought I'd
ask.  I built it as a module and had no problems.  I haven't used the
module yet.

Thanks.

-Kevin