[OpenAFS-devel] AFS Connectivity for OSX 10.3 laptops...

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:14:48 -0500

While I haven't used 1.2.11 under OS X...

under Jaguar and 1.2.10, you can use the -nomount option and the text
or gui mountafs (search port-darwin archives) to allow people to start
up afs when disconnected. There is also a patch file for the startup
script which assures that openafs is running (so that you can then
mount it when finally connected to the network).

With the above, haven't seen any crashes.