[OpenAFS-devel] openafs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 3

Erik Sjölund erik.sjolund@sbc.su.se
04 Jun 2004 17:05:14 +0200

Maybe you already know about this alternative but why not try building
the source rpm for your architecture?

wget
http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.2.11/rhel-3/openafs-1.2.11-rhel3.0.1.src.rpm

rpmbuild --rebuild openafs-1.2.11-rhel3.0.1.src.rpm

If you want special configure options you could instead do

rpm -i openafs-1.2.11-rhel3.0.1.src.rpm
emacs /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/openafs-1.2.11.spec  ( change configure
options )
rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/openafs-1.2.11.spec

Then afterwards install it with,
rpm -Uvh package names ......

Maybe you need the --target for the rpmbuild but I guess rpm
automatically selects the right options corresponding to the kernel that
is  running. I can't test if it works, because I don't have your
architecture available.

cheers,
Erik Sjölund