[OpenAFS-devel] Kerberos V, KeyFile questions

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:02:01 -0400 (EDT)

Okay I have kerbV running and I can use aklog to get a token and things
seem peachy with that part of the upgrade.

We need klog support and it is my understanding that MIT KrbV doesn't
support the RX protocol without using fakeka so I am trying to get fakeka
running.

I run
kadmin:  ktadd -k /etc/krb5.keytab -e des-cbc-crc afs@CORESYS.CL.MSU.EDU
ktadd: Invalid argument while parsing keysalts de-cbc-crc

I do:
kadmin:  ktadd -k /etc/krb5.keytab -e des-cbc-crc:normal afs@CORESYS.CL.MSU.EDU
Entry for principal afs@CORESYS.CL.MSU.EDU with kvno 4, encryption type DES cbc
mode with CRC-32 added to keytab

Is this the right salt? I run asetkey which should copy this back to the
KeyFile, and it works but I am still getting this error.

[root@open-afsdb1 test4]#fakeka
fakeka: No matching key in entry while decrypting the master key

The only thing I can think of is des-cbc-crc:normal needs to be something
else or I am missing needed arguments to fakeka.

Do I need to initialize this in the BosConfig file by adding fakeka
as a server too?

I kind of hit a brickwall so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sean
  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University