[OpenAFS-devel] 2004-06-15 snap on FC2: no good still (sys_call_table, Error -1 in basic initialization)

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:10:31 -0400

On Tuesday, June 15, 2004 14:51:25 -0400 Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org>
wrote:

> Which all looks about right to me. And the module actually loads, which is
> exciting. But dmesg shows this:
>
>   libafs: module license 'unspecified' taints kernel.
>   Failed to find address of sys_call_table
>
> The first is expected; but the second -- I thought it just decided that it
> wasn't going to need that.

No; that's normal.  It didn't decide it didn't need it; it decided it
couldn't _have_ it.  This means no PAGs for now, BTW.

> And then, when I try to actually run afsd:
>
>   $ sudo ./afsd -stat 2000 -dcache 800 -daemons 3 -volumes 70 -dynroot
>   afsd: Error -1 in basic initialization.
>   afsd: Error enabling dynroot support.
>   Adding cell 'bu.edu': error -1
>   afsd: No check server daemon in client.
>   afsd: All AFS daemons started.
>   afsd: Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)

Yeah; this all sounds like it's failing to make the syscalls.

- Are you using an afsd from the same CVS head build as the module?
- Does /proc/fs/openafs/afs_ioctl exist?
- Run strace on afsd, at least through the point where it prints the
  "error in basic initialization".