[OpenAFS-devel] 2004-06-15 snap on FC2: no good still (sys_call_table, Error -1 in basic initialization)

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:23:37 -0400

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 03:10:31PM -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> No; that's normal.  It didn't decide it didn't need it; it decided it
> couldn't _have_ it.  This means no PAGs for now, BTW.

Yeah, I know. 99% of our user base has no need for authenticated access
anyway -- AFS as a glorified distributed caching NFS. And I'm not so keen on
the surprise-you're-in-someone-else's-supplementary-groups PAG approach
anyway.

> >  $ sudo ./afsd -stat 2000 -dcache 800 -daemons 3 -volumes 70 -dynroot
> >  afsd: Error -1 in basic initialization.
> >  afsd: Error enabling dynroot support.
> Yeah; this all sounds like it's failing to make the syscalls.
> - Are you using an afsd from the same CVS head build as the module?

Yeah -- using the daily snapshot, and just one configure/make/make install.

> - Does /proc/fs/openafs/afs_ioctl exist?

Yeah.

> - Run strace on afsd, at least through the point where it prints the
>  "error in basic initialization".

Okay. The whole thing is about 9MB; I've put it at
<http://jadzia.bu.edu/~mattdm/tmp/afs/afsd.strace>.

Thanks for your help!

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>