[OpenAFS-devel] Same problems with Linux 2.6.7

Asheesh Laroia openafs@asheeshenterprises.com
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:32:21 -0400 (EDT)

I hand-compiled my kernel since I was getting this unknown symbol with the
Debian 2.6.6-1-686 package (and kernel-headers from it).  I have my tree
in /usr/src/linux-2.6.7 (and a symlink to it as /usr/src/linux), and I
successfully compiled the kernel.

After booting into it and trying to compile openafs-snap-2004-06-16, I
still get these errors on insmoding the resulting .ko:

libafs: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
libafs: module license 'unspecified' taints kernel.
libafs: Unknown symbol __might_sleep

My process is:

./configure --with-afs-sysname=i386_linux26 --with-kernel-headers=/usr/src/linux ; make  ; make install_only_libafs

I seem to be stuck, so if someone would be able to advise me on how to
proceed, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you,

Asheesh Laroia.

--
If two people love each other, there can be no happy end to it.
 		-- Ernest Hemingway