[OpenAFS-devel] what's "enable-redhat-buildsys" all about?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:49:46 -0400

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> writes:

> Actually, not in 2.6 / Fedora Core 2. The new kernel build system requires
> headers that match the specific kernel exactly, and so the new kernel
> packages include them. You don't even need the kernel-sourcecode package to
> build an external module anymore.

Does this imply that kernel-source does not contain enough information
to build a kernel module?!?  You __need__ the full kernel installed to
build a module?!?  If so, all I can say is that that... sucks.  How
are you supposed to build a module against a non-installed kernel, or
for multiple archictures of the same kernel?

-derek