[OpenAFS-devel] Re: linux 2.6.x module version magic failure on SMP systems (FC2)

Rainer Schöpf rainer.schoepf@proteosys.com
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:32:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

 > When building agsinst 2.6, you still get two directories, but they are (in
 > theory) identical -- we use the kernel's build process to build each
 > directory, and don't pass any compiler options of our own at all.

Ah, so my understanding was correct.

Which leads to the question (forgive me if I'm asking the obvious):
perhaps the MP kernel where libafs crashed on load was built with a
different configuration? In that case you need to rebuild libafs with a
different .config in the toplevel kernel source directory.

 Rainer Schöpf