[OpenAFS-devel] reading_source

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:13:35 +0200

On Wednesday, June 23, 2004, at 01:39  PM, prasanna wakhare wrote:

> hi,
> I 'm farily newbie regarding concepts og AFS
> but i want to read the source code of afs
> please give any key of how to start and what it needs
> i read linux kernel source code and pretty used to
> with it.
> as i chosec my university priject on afs ,so i really
> want to do some modification there,although its far
> ahed

I have no clue what you want to modify.
For understanding the concepts of AFS and how the architecture actually
works the document "archov-doc.pdf" from the doc/pdf directory of
openafs is pretty enlightening ;-)

I wouldn't start with the source code if you're not familiar with the
different kind of servers and what the client is doing and why...
Just get an overview of the architecture and the source code will be
much easier to understand.

Horst