[OpenAFS-devel] reading_source

prasanna wakhare pvwakhare@yahoo.com
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:59:17 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1695043188-1088060357=:48877

hi,
Our idea is to convert it to parellel file system like lustre,although initially not know how to do it all,but is it feasible to make it bahave like PVFS or panasas ,lustre?
i'm studying it although and lag much behind
thanks for yr kind reply
thanks to all
Prasanna

Horst Birthelmer <horst@riback.net> wrote:

On Wednesday, June 23, 2004, at 01:39 PM, prasanna wakhare wrote:

> hi,
> I 'm farily newbie regarding concepts og AFS
> but i want to read the source code of afs
> please give any key of how to start and what it needs
> i read linux kernel source code and pretty used to
> with it.
> as i chosec my university priject on afs ,so i really
> want to do some modification there,although its far
> ahed

I have no clue what you want to modify.
For understanding the concepts of AFS and how the architecture actually
works the document "archov-doc.pdf" from the doc/pdf directory of
openafs is pretty enlightening ;-)

I wouldn't start with the source code if you're not familiar with the
different kind of servers and what the client is doing and why...
Just get an overview of the architecture and the source code will be
much easier to understand.

Horst

--0-1695043188-1088060357=:48877

<DIV>hi,</DIV>
<DIV>Our idea is to convert it to parellel file system like lustre,although initially not know how to do it all,but is it feasible to make it bahave like PVFS or panasas ,lustre?</DIV>
<DIV>i'm studying it although and lag much behind</DIV>
<DIV>thanks for yr kind reply </DIV>
<DIV>thanks to all</DIV>
<DIV>Prasanna<BR><BR><B><I>Horst Birthelmer &lt;horst@riback.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><BR>On Wednesday, June 23, 2004, at 01:39 PM, prasanna wakhare wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; hi,<BR>&gt; I 'm farily newbie regarding concepts og AFS<BR>&gt; but i want to read the source code of afs<BR>&gt; please give any key of how to start and what it needs<BR>&gt; i read linux kernel source code and pretty used to<BR>&gt; with it.<BR>&gt; as i chosec my university priject on afs ,so i really<BR>&gt; want to do some modification there,although its far<BR>&gt; ahed<BR><BR>I have no clue what you want to modify.<BR>For understanding the concepts of AFS and how the architecture actually <BR>works the document "archov-doc.pdf" from the doc/pdf directory of <BR>openafs is pretty enlightening ;-)<BR><BR>I wouldn't start with the source code if you're not familiar with the <BR>different kind of servers and what the client is doing and why...<BR>Just get an overview of the architecture and the
 source code will be <BR>much easier to understand.<BR><BR>Horst<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>
		<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1695043188-1088060357=:48877--