[OpenAFS-devel] unresolved symbol page_count

Brett L Trotter blt@iastate.edu
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:27:54 -0500

With some of the later 1.3.64 CVS and the 1.3.65 release, I've been having
trouble getting the afs kernel module to load

[root@hv2268-07 MODLOAD-2.4.21-15.0.2.EL-MP]# /sbin/service afs start
Failed to load AFS client, not starting AFS services.
[root@hv2268-07 MODLOAD-2.4.21-15.0.2.EL-MP]# cat
/usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs.map
/usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.21-15.0.2.ELsmp.mp.o: unresolved symbol
page_count
/usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.21-15.0.2.ELsmp.mp.o:
Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
      and it has unresolved symbols.  The module may be trying to access
      GPLONLY symbols but the problem is more likely to be a coding or
      user error.  Contact the module supplier for assistance, only they
      can help you.

Is there something I'm missing/forgetting/munging?

I've made sure that the correct modules for the running version are compiled
and in /usr/vice/etc/modload

--
Brett Trotter
UNIX System Administrator