[OpenAFS-devel] bos shutdown and fileserver...

Brett L Trotter blt@iastate.edu
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:36:39 -0500

One more thing I'm noticing.....

it seems that if the server comes up with clean filesystems and afsd/afs
client mounts up root.afs all happily, a bos shutdown localhost -localauth
takes the expected amount of time and the shutdown proceeds properly and the
SALVAGE.fs lockfile is removed. BUT if say after a crash, i bring up only
bosserver so that the filesystem can salvage itself.. as soon as salvaging is
finished and it reports file server is running, if I do a bos shudown the
shutdown goes instantly and SALVAGE.fs is left in place and causes yet
another 15 minute salvage. I've tried doing vos examine's and other commands
to try and 'use' the fileserver before issuing the shutdown, but it doesn't
seem to matter.

Anybody seen this behavior?

--
Brett Trotter