[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS-devel digest, Vol 1 #1028 - 5 msgs

Henry B. Hotz hotz@jpl.nasa.gov
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:14:15 -0800

At 12:01 PM -0500 3/1/04, openafs-devel-request@openafs.org wrote:
>Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:23:16 -0600
>From: "Douglas E. Engert" <deengert@anl.gov>
>To: Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu>
>Cc: openafs-devel@openafs.org
>Subject: Re: [OpenAFS-devel] OPenAFS and OpenSSH-3.8
>

>Jim Rees wrote:
>>
>>  Theo is dead set against using dlopen in "critical" software like sshd.
>>  When we added smartcard support to OpenSSH I had to remove the dynamic
>>  reader library loading, and bind statically against one reader library
>>  (currently Todos).
>
>But PAM is OK? its doing dlopen.

Could they be talked into a generic configure hook?

./configure --with-extra-login-setup=/path/routine.o

They supply a no-op routine that gets used if the configure option
isn't used.  Do we need the routine called just before, or just after
PAM?