[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS-devel digest, Vol 1 #1028 - 5 msgs

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:26:01 -0600

"Henry B. Hotz" wrote:

> At 12:01 PM -0500 3/1/04, openafs-devel-request@openafs.org wrote:
> >Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:56:57 -0600
> >From: "Douglas E. Engert" <deengert@anl.gov>
> >To: Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org>
> >Cc: openafs-devel@openafs.org
> >Subject: Re: [OpenAFS-devel] OPenAFS and OpenSSH-3.8
> >

> >Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> >  > Does libafsrpc.so/libafsauthent.so not have what you need?
> >
> >I don't think so. I was looking for two functions for the
> >hook.  Set the PAG, from the process loading and calling the hook,
> >and get a token. The token could be obtained using something like
> >aklog, or afslog, or even gssklog. (Note that the gssklog could
> >use any GSSAPI, including non Kerberos based gssapi, like the
> >Globus GSI.)
>
> I haven't looked at gssklog.  Does it work with the SEAM GSSAPI on Solaris?

YES.  I did not try the server side as I already had the server running
with MIT Kerberos. I have used it on sun4x_49 before I had the MIT
kerberos tools built.

../src/configure \
  --with-gss-lib-dir=/usr/lib \
  --with-gss-lib-name=gss \
  --enable-pam \
  --with-tcp-wrappers=/afs/anl.gov/appl/wrapper-7.6/@sys \
  --enable-server \
  --with-server-extra-ldflags=/usr/afsws/lib/libdes.a

See:
ftp://achilles.ctd.anl.gov/pub/DEE/gssklog-0.10.tar

> More generally, am I dreaming when I think of a Kerberos 5 Solaris
> AFS client that doesn't require the installation of MIT or Heimdal
> K5, but just uses the built-in stuff?

That is one of my long term goals, use the vendor's Kerberos. This
also means encouraging the vendor to keep thier Kerberos tools up
to date.

--

 Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
 Argonne National Laboratory