[OpenAFS-devel] OPenAFS and OpenSSH-3.8

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:35:29 -0600

Derek Atkins wrote:

> >> Why doesn't it help?
> >
> > Because when the GSSAPI is used, the delegated credential is not
> > in s->authctxt->krb5_ctx SO the current kafs does not work with a
> > delegated credential. But in all cases the credentials are in the cache,
> > so a program like aklog called at this point can use the KRB5CCNAME.
>
> Then fix kafs so it uses the KRB5CCNAME instead of s->authctxt->krb5_ctx...
> Or fix the GSSAPI code so it stores the delegated credentials in that
> location as well.

WHAT DO YOU THINK I HAVE BEEN DOING ALL THESE YEARS TRYING TO GET YOU GUYS
TO LISTEN!!

I have been saying pitch kafs, put in a hook, use the fact that the
KRB5CCNAME is set.

I have a nice mod called get_afs_token, which I am using with OpenSSH
and the MIT rlogind, rshd, telnetd and ftpd. I have been using this method
for years with AFS and DFS. It sets the PAG using a syscall then fork/execs
ak5log.

BUT I want to get out of maintaining patches and see these types of
changes end up in the source so they will end up in distributed products
that work together!!

> This isn't rocket science.  ;)

Sometimes I think its harder :-)

--