[OpenAFS-devel] OPenAFS and OpenSSH-3.8

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Mon, 01 Mar 2004 13:19:48 -0500

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 12:49, Ray Link wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Jim Rees wrote:
> > PAM is only in the portable version of sshd, not the OpenBSD version.  Maybe
> > that's the difference.  Or maybe theo has less control over the portable
> > version.
>
> (read:  If it didn't do PAM, no one would use it.)

I'm pretty sure that the OpenBSD/OpenSSH folks don't do anything other
than host the portable version of OpenSSH.  And yes, they strongly
disapprove of both dlopen() and PAM.

Given that, you might have better luck talking to the folks who maintain
openssh-portable.

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu