[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS for FreeBSD 5.2 patch

Adriaan de Groot adridg@cs.kun.nl
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:22:30 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> At 12:24 AM -0500 3/10/04, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> >Once you get enough activity to start to recycle vnodes (and AFS
> >vcache entries) it will probably fall over pretty fast.  Adding
> >WITNESS and DEBUG_VFS_LOCKS may make the bugs more obvious.
>
> I'm building a second machine for stress-testing this (my main
> maachine has too much important data on it).

Well, now with 5.2.1 and a WITNESS, debug enabled kernel, and a new
debugging build of afs, I can still reproduce the mkdir panic I was having
earlier:

1) reboot, log in as root
2) kldload /usr/local/lib/openafs.ko
3) afsd
4) cd /afs/@cell/some_dir
5) mkdir foo (fails, read-only filesystem)
6) cd

panic: vrele: negative ref cnt
panic
vrele
kern_chdir
chdir
syscall
Xint0x80_syscall

all the numbers in this panic trace left out, since I don't feel like
typing them over. Note that trying to create a _file_ on a RO FS doesn't
trigger any problem, just directories.