[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS for FreeBSD 5.2 patch

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs@natur.cuni.cz
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:35:08 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, [iso-8859-2] Martin MOKREJŠ wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > > But then I hit a big roadblock, the "what now?" phase. The documentation
> >
> > Do "make dest" instead of "make install". You would have dest/@sys/
> > directory having the IBM AFS layout.
>
> Why? What's the advantage?

So you can follow the IBM AFS documentation and will always things in the
right place, i.e. /usr/vice/etc and /usr/afs/ . Ooops, sorry, forgot to
state you have to use --with-transarc-paths or whatever the configure
switch was. Then "make dest" will work as expected.

--
Martin Mokrejs <mmokrejs@natur.cuni.cz>
PGP5.0i key is at http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs