[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] 2.6 kernel support anytime soon? Workarounds?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 10 May 2004 14:03:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

> On Mon, 10 May 2004 13:47:32 -0400 (EDT)
> Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> > <<On Mon, 10 May 2004 13:25:05 -0400, "chas williams (contractor)" <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> said:
> >
> > > i imagine this would be violating the spirit of export_symbol_gpl().
> >
> > On the other hand, you could write a shim layer that implements a
> > cross-platform API for security-label management.  Then it could also
> > be made to work under FreeBSD as well, and the GPL weenies wouldn't
> > have a leg to stand on.
>
> Send me patches when you're done, I'll have a look.

It would be nice, and it's even come up before:
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2004-February/012457.html

But given what seems like a lack of cooperation so far, what's the right
path to build a consensus almost all (likely) relevant parties as to what
that API should include?