[OpenAFS] Linux kernel 2.6 & AFS

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:42:53 -0500

  No. Arla, Coda and OpenAFS all use the same interfaces at least, already,
  so it's just a question of what nfsv4 is doing, or does.

NFSv4 does not yet have pags.  When it does, we'd like to use whatever
OpenAFS uses for managing them.  It would be nice to have something cleaner
than the current "magic grouplist" to keep track of them.

It would also be nice if linux, bsd, and everyone else could agree on a
common interface, and on common semantics.  This turns out to be kind of a
big job, which is one reason we haven't taken a stab at this yet.