[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] 2.6 kernel support anytime soon? Workarounds?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 10 May 2004 14:04:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Why do you think I bowed out of Linux Kernel Development back in 1995?
> It was a quagmire back then.  Here we are a decade later and it's a
> magnitude worse.  Besides, there is a lot of historical baggage going
> on which I highly doubt you understand.

He was doing Linux Sparc stuff in 1995; So was I. I was running AFS on my
Linux Sparc then, including the (inode!) fileserver.

In any case, I'm not sure I know what baggage you mean.

> As for your comment, I take it you don't consider SuSE or Debian decent
> distros?

Zing!