[OpenAFS-devel] take 2: openafs 1.3.64 on linux 2.6 -- what am I missing now?

chas williams (contractor) chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 13 May 2004 09:20:16 -0400

In message <1732800000.1084419290@minbar.fac.cs.cmu.edu>,Jeffrey Hutzelman writ
es:
>>> Then, src/afs/LINUX/osi_module.c seemed to want a
>>> "#if !defined(AFS_LINUX24_ENV)" put around the "sys_settimeofdayp = 0;".
>>
>No, it's a legitimate bug (but sounds like the wrong fix).  The 1.3.64
>release includes support for an alternate syscall interface so the
>sys_call_table doesn't have to be exported.  No PAGs yet, though.

right you are.  i didnt know we had gotten that far on the 2.6 port.

the sys_settimeofdayp bit is still correct for the 2.2 kernel versions
since do_settimeofday() wasnt exported in the 2.2 series.  it not clear
to me though that its a good idea to just it to 0 since its never
checked for this condition in afs_osi_SetTime().  further its probably
already 0 anyway at that point...