[OpenAFS-devel] take 2: openafs 1.3.64 on linux 2.6 -- what am I missing now?

chas williams (contractor) chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 13 May 2004 11:12:42 -0400

In message <20040513143953.GB10915@jadzia.bu.edu>,Matthew Miller writes:
>src/libafs/netinet/net.h has a 5-argument version; the final parameter is
>"int kernpriv".

netinet is a symlink to /usr/src/linux/include/linux (or whatever
you are using for a kernel path).  the stock 2.6.5 kernel sources do
not have this fifth option (neither does 2.6.6rc3) so it seems to be
some fedora core special.

>It tries to make a bunch of symlinks into the kernel tree in src/libafs. One
>of these is "mach", pointing to include/asm-i386/mach-default in the kernel
>tree. And then it tries to make mach/mach-default under that, pointing to
>the same place.

dont know what to say about this.  it should only be trying to make a
single link from mach-default to mach.  it should not require write
access to your kernel tree.

>> >generated are 'libafs-2.6.5-1.358custom.o' and
>> >'libafs-2.6.5-1.358custom.mp.o'. They're not the fancy new .ko format, and
>> >insmod tells me:
>> > error inserting 'libafs-2.6.5-1.358custom.o': -1 Invalid module format
>> it doesnt have to be called .ko  anything in the output of dmesg?
>
>Yep -- "No module found in object".

all this makes me thing something is wrong with your MakefileProto.
you might need to get a later version of the afs sources (like the
current 1.3 head).