[OpenAFS-devel] openafs on fedora core 2, 2.6 kernel -- no luck yet....

Kuba Ober kuba@mareimbrium.org
Tue, 18 May 2004 18:29:01 -0400

>   $ sudo insmod libafs-2.6.5-1.358.o
>   insmod: error inserting 'libafs-2.6.5-1.358.o': -1 Invalid module format
>
>   $ dmesg |tail -1
>   No module found in object
>
> So that's where I am.... any suggestions?

Well, as the message says, you didn't build the thing into a module format.
The kernel build system has changed and 2.6 kernels require you essentially
to build any modules using the kernel build machinery. The old 2.4 way won't
work anymore.

Probably the openafs module build scripts/makefiles will need to be updated.
There are some howtos/FAQs about that, google the net.

Cheers, Kuba Ober