[OpenAFS-devel] openafs on fedora core 2, 2.6 kernel -- no luck yet....

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Tue, 18 May 2004 22:42:08 -0400

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 06:29:01PM -0400, Kuba Ober wrote:
> Well, as the message says, you didn't build the thing into a module format.
> The kernel build system has changed and 2.6 kernels require you essentially
> to build any modules using the kernel build machinery. The old 2.4 way won't
> work anymore.

Well, presumably, this is supposed to be building a 2.6 module, since
preliminary 2.6 support is in the code.

> Probably the openafs module build scripts/makefiles will need to be updated.

It seems that way, doesn't it.

> There are some howtos/FAQs about that, google the net.

Most of what I found was about how the modules themselves need to be
different, not about how the externalities like makefiles need to change.
And what I can find dealing with makefiles is very simple -- and therefore
non-trivial to drop into the whole existing AFS build system. If you can
point me towards something more specific, I'd appreciate it.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>