[OpenAFS-devel] Generating a Linux 2.6-style .ko

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Thu, 27 May 2004 12:32:21 -0400

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 12:21:50PM -0400, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> I tried building OpenAFS for Linux 2.6 from yesterday's CVS, and the build
> generated a pre-2.6-style .o module.
> Is there any progress made on this yet, and for those working on it, is it
> possible that I contribute at all?

I haven't gotten beyond that either. I've been corresponding with Chas
Williams, the original developer of the 2.6 support, but haven't gotten
anywhere. I believe he's working on Fedora Core 1 upgraded to the mainline
2.6.5 kernel; I'm using Fedora Core 2 and their released 2.6.5 kernel. I
intend to try FC2 with the stock 2.6.5 kernel and see what I get. What
distro/config are you using?

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>