[OpenAFS-devel] OPenAFS-1.3.74 on SOlaris 9 - all files are zero

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:42:29 -0600

Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
>

>> Douglas E. Engert wrote:
>>
>>> I built 1.3.74 on Solaris 9. When the cache manager and kernel
>>> extensions
>>> are installed and system rebooted all files in AFS have only zeros! The
>>> cachemanager can see directories. The startup of afsd looks normal.
>>>

>> More on this. The problem was introduced between 1.3.64 and 1.3.70 as
>> I had builds for these, and the cache manager works with 1.3.64 but
>> fails with 1.3.70
>>
>> The test system is an Ultra 5 with 32 bit kernel.

The problem is somewhere between 1.3.66 and 1.3.70

I was also trying 1.3.74 on a Solaris 9 64 bit kernel (Sun Blade-1500)
compiling 1.3.70, and it got as far as trying to compile but.ss.c when
it looks like the cachemanager got lost. It could not find butc.h among
other errors. An ls -l showed some wrong files in some other directories
too.

This was using the production cell with my token, and the last thing
I wanted was to corrupt any of my files, so I shutdown the workstation.

Not sure if this is related to the 32 bit problem where all files
appeared to have zeros as data.

I rebuilt 1.3.74 without the --enable-largefile-fileserver  and the
32 bit cachemanager still shows files with all zeros.

Will look tomorrow.