[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS server 1.3.80 on x86_64

Ulrich Schwickerath ulrich.schwickerath@iwr.fzk.de
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 13:46:21 +0200

Hi, Onime,
I successfully rebuild the rpms from your sources. The startup script loads
libafs-2.4.21-27.0.2.EL.XFSsmp-amd64
into the kernel. If I try to start afsd with that I get
 /etc/init.d/afs start
Found libafs-2.4.21-27.0.2.EL.XFSsmp-amd64.o from SymTable... Loading...
Starting AFS services.....
afsd: Error -1 in basic initialization.
afsd: Error enabling dynroot support.
Adding cell 'fzk.de': error -1
Adding cell 'rl.ac.uk': error -1
Adding cell 'hep.man.ac.uk': error -1
If I load the other one, libafs-2.4.21-27.0.2.EL.XFSsmp-amd64.mp I see exactly
the same problem that I reported. I'm running on a dual opteron box as you
are. Can you tell me which of the two modules you are actually using ? (mp or
not). If you are also using the mp version, I should probably try to exchange
my kernel. 2.4.25 looks like a vanilla kernel, is that correct ?

Thank's a lot,
Ulrich