[OpenAFS-devel] Linux 2.6.10, OpenAFS 1.3.80 hangs

Miles Davis miles@cs.stanford.edu
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 08:50:28 -0700

I was wondering if anybody has seen this before before I investigate
futher. I discovered multiple problems when I upgraded several FC2 boxes
to kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2. Users of these machines began reporting weird
hangs when running certain programs or, more often, running make. I've got
one source tree in particular that hangs a system like clockwork. The
system didn't freeze so much as stop responding. One could even background
the make after it hung, but that's about it. Running anything else hung.
The system still responded to pings.

I took a look at rxdebug for the client and server while doing the hanging
make, and it appeared perfectly normal. Reverting to 2.6.9-1.62_FC2
eliminates the problem. In the interests of debugging 1.3, I'd be willing
to grant access to an example machine or provide more debugging details if
that will help.

--
// Miles Davis - miles@cs.stanford.edu - http://www.cs.stanford.edu/~miles
// Computer Science Department - Computer Facilities