[OpenAFS-devel] volserver hangs possible fix

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:35:07 +0200

On Apr 11, 2005, at 11:23 PM, Tom Keiser wrote:

> On Apr 11, 2005 4:26 PM, Horst Birthelmer <horst@riback.net> wrote:
>>
>> I wasn't trying to start any wars. Are we here on a POSIX contest?? I
>> don't think so ;-)
>
> I hope not ;)
>
>> I was just trying to sensitize people that that might not be the fix
>> for the volserver hang some of us were experiencing.
>>

> my apologies.  I must have misread what you were saying.  I agree
> these issues are unrelated to people's callback breaking problems on
> 1.2.  I just wanted to clear up any stray issues with callbacks before
> 1.4 hits...

Well, the code is more deterministic now (which means better).
Especially on multiprocessor systems. That's for sure.

The Problem we still have are those spurious volserver hangs in some
FSYNC operations.

Horst