[OpenAFS-devel] AFS/DFS Mount points

Dean Anderson dean@av8.com
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:55:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com> writes:
> > On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
> >> windlord:~rra/work> echo Testing > #foo
> >> windlord:~rra/work> ln -s ./#foo bar
> >> windlord:~rra/work> cat bar
> >> Testing
> >> windlord:~rra/work> afsversion windlord
> >> Trying 171.64.19.147 (port 7001):
> >> AFS version:  OpenAFS 1.2.10 built  2004-04-20
>
> > This isn't the same sequence of events.  #foo is created as a regular file
> > first.  Try my example.  Leave off the './' Its perfectly legal for users
> > to create files without a "./" in front.
>
> > Your way creates a symlink target that doesn't start with "#"
>
> That was the whole point.

Yes. I know that if you don't have a # starting the target, there is no
problem. The problem is that "#" is a perfectly valid first character for
a target, and when it is. a problem occurs.

> I don't think you're reading other people's messages very carefully.

I am: They are giving sort of a workaround.  You aren't reading mine. I
don't care about workarounds.  I care about having files that start with
"#" and "%" work correctly, rather than have namespace pollution.

		--Dean

617 344 9000