[OpenAFS-devel] afs_pam2 - A simplier approach to AFS integration during login

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:08:23 -0700

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:

> Well, I guess it boils down to "do you care that you effectively leak a
> thread to use rx". You can avoid leaking the thread (by shutting down
> rx), but it gets messier when the pam caller is long-running and calls
> pam a lot (like an authentication daemon)

Well, ick.

Can the PAM module itself shut down rx at the end of every routine?  That
might make it slower, but it should prevent the leak.  (I assume it's not
just one leaked thread, but a new thread each time the PAM caller tries to
authenticate someone else?)