[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris AFS partition becomes corrupt after mounting

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:39:57 +0200 (MEST)

> >>Is it possible to figure out that the /vicep* we are on is logging and
> >>then refuse to use such a partition?
>
> how about having the afs mount command/process to check for the
> underlying UFS filesystem's mount option "logging" via hasmntopt(),
> see getmntent(3C) before performing the actual AFS mount on top of it ?

I was thinking along these lines, but my Solaris knowledge is too old
and the number of Solaris boxes I have to experiment with is approx 0.
And at my work there is no Solaris no more (*).

> Note, since Solaris 10 and Solaris 9 Update 7, logging is the default
> mount option now.

Chaning such a thing in the middle of a release is enough to feed hate
(in good companionship with Tru and AIX which also happen to change
critical stuff in minor bugfix releases, not to talk about Linux...)

Harald.

(*) Solaris x86, too little (HW supported), too late.