[OpenAFS-devel] Severe Windows XP Problems AFS 1.3.82 - client software

Tim Spriggs tims@hindmost.LPL.Arizona.EDU
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:42:21 -0700 (MST)

When I start the computer and login I get an error about the windows login
process dying. The explorer bar is un-functional as far as I can tell and
when I try to shutdown or reboot, I get an error:

winlogin.exe - Application Error
The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000 ...

Followed by a blue screen:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Login Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a
status of 0x0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has shut down.

I am not sure of how to debug this. I installed the client last night and
rebooted. Then I configured my root cell (which is not available at the
moment.) I was able to browse the cell. I used the GUI configuration and
set "Start the AFS Client Service whenever the computer starts" as well as
"Always show the AFS Client icon in the taskbar" in the main AFS Client
window.

I'm not sure what other information you want but I am happy to provide it
in order to debug this problem.

Thanks,
-Tim

  /++--._.--++\  .                     _.-._
                                            \
Lunar and Planetary Lab                     }>
(520) 626 - 4991 -- SS 416                 _/

1629 E. University Blvd.
University of Arizona