[OpenAFS-devel] creation of files with uid/gid 0 ?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:10:04 -0500

In my AFS as root filesystem testing, I ran into another snag..

I want to add a regular user to a group, and have them be able to do
things like install software on a node image, but I don't want to have
them be in the 'system:administrators' group..

What code makes members of the 'system:administrators' group special so
they can create files owned by uid/gid 0, but not regular users? Is
there a reasonable way to modify this, maybe on a per-volume basis?

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked me why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz