[OpenAFS-devel] Patch to implement default tuning proposal discussed a while ago

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:21:17 -0400

In message <20050814033736.GI16924@kalmia.hozed.org>,Troy Benjegerdes writes:
>How do you measure size of files in the cache? What do we lose by having
>the average file size being too big?

you could just examine the files in /usr/vice/cache (or whatever).
if -files is based on the cachesize/avg file size, this gives an
upper limit on the number of files in the cache.

>I just analyzed the couple of volumes I'm using for afsroot, which
>I'm most interested in having good default tuning parameters for, and in
>the entire volume, I get 75% or so of the files less than 10k.

how about 16k so no one gets what they want. its called a compromise :).