[OpenAFS-devel] current cvs kernel module crash on 2.6.13-rc6

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs@ribosome.natur.cuni.cz
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:47:15 +0200

Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, [ISO-8859-2] Martin MOKREJ` wrote:
>
>> So, yet another crash:
>>
>> # /usr/vice/etc/afsd -chunk 20 -nosettime -stat 1000 -daemons 2
>> -dcache 1000 -volumes 10 -files 1000
>> Segmentation fault
>> #
>>
>> libafs: module license 'http://www.openafs.org/dl/license10.html'
>> taints kernel.
>> Found system call table at 0xc0479900 (pattern scan)
>> Starting AFS cache scan...<2>EXT2-fs error (device sdb1):
>> ext2_get_inode: bad inode number: 0
>> Can't open inode 0
>

> Cache on dedicated partiton? Remove CacheItems or just reinit the partiton.

Yes, cache on dedicated partition. But honestly said, I had the afsd running before
with different parameters, rebooted and this was the case when I fired up
afsd with other parameters to test. So, the cache had whatever structure it had
from the former attempt. I think it was ran with defaults in the previous step,
as enforced by the patch from Niklas/Jim.

Does this help?
M.