[OpenAFS-devel] Re: openafs is really faster on linux-2.4. than 2.6

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs@ribosome.natur.cuni.cz
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:37:36 +0200

Look at the vmstat(1) values. I think the problem is outside afs.
Just doing this dd test but writing data directly to the ext2
target gives same behaviour, i.e. on 2.4 kernel I see most of the
CPU idle but on 2.6 kernel all that CPU amount is shown as in
wait state.
M.