[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Need a volunteer to help with a feature summary for 1.4

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:37:47 -0700

Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:

>> My guess is that klog -setpag won't work with the keyrings, btw.

> I thought -setpag was an unholy hack that deserved to die? :-)

Oh, I agree, but that doesn't stop me from using it all the time.  :)

> (And Russ, I _know_ you meant "aklog" instead of "klog" :-) )

Actually, no, I really did mean klog here.  *heh*.  I personally do use
klog -setpag, but never use aklog -setpag.  :)

(klog -setpag is useful when su'd to root on a system and applying a
template out of AFS, so that one's AFS credentials don't get inherited by
any processes that one might have started since logging in.  exec pagsh
also works fine; I'm just a creature of habit and haven't gotten around to
switching to something based on that yet.)