[OpenAFS-devel] Current pthread PAM patch for Debian

Tracy Di Marco White gendalia@gmail.com
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 18:44:02 -0500

On 8/26/05, Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:
> For any who might be interested, this is the patch I'm currently using
> (against 1.4rc1) for building pthread PAM modules on Debian.  Yes, I know
> the build hackery is ugly; I'm avoiding linking directly with the shared
> libraries due to worries about stable ABIs.  I'm not proposing this for
> inclusion in the mainline source, and note that these PAM modules will
> leak threads if you use the nofork option with a long-running daemon.
>=20
> Note that this should work on other platforms besides Linux, but you'll
> need to copy the Linux changes into the case sections for your local
> platform.

I've been looking at making OpenAFS work on NetBSD/amd64.  I have no
problems with NetBSD/i386, with and without PAM (well, other than I
have to use arla for actual client support), but on amd64 with PAM I'm
seeing the need for the same type of hackery.  What would be the
direction needed to go for making this work in the mainline source
tree?

-Tracy