[OpenAFS-devel] ftp server dead ?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:52:02 -0400

On Wednesday, August 31, 2005 13:22:05 +0200 Marco Hoehle
<MHO@zurich.ibm.com> wrote:

> What happened to ftp://www.openafs.org/dl/software/openafs ?
>
> It's not up to date  and the directories are linked into
> /afs/grand.central.org. which cannot be followed by an ftp client.
> So there is nothing useful anymore.

We've never published URL's like that; the ones we publish are
http://www.openafs.org/dl/software/openafs
ftp://ftp.central.org/pub/software/openafs

The distinction is important because ftp.central.org is about to move to a
different machine, just as dl.openafs.org has.  In fact, until you
mentioned it, I didn't realize the change hadn't already been made, which
is why we determined it would be safe to remove the old machine's local
copies of openafs releases in order to free up space for putting together
the 1.4.0rc2 release.

In the meantime, if you can't get what you need via http or out of AFS, let
me know off-list and I can repopulate part of the old FTP server.

   GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG/OpenAFS.ORG postmaster, webmaster, etc