[OpenAFS-devel] pod2man vandalism

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:58:49 -0800

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

> Well, if we're going to go to the trouble of running a script anyway,
> why not just do all the work in the script and save the complexity?  The
> only advantage to make at that point is to only rebuild the man pages
> that have changed, but rebuilding all of them doesn't take very long.

Hm, actually, I take that back -- it looks like, depending on the tools
one has installed, it can take a little while to rebuild man pages.  So
maybe this is worthwhile doing.

It would be so nice to use GNU make features for this sort of thing.
$(notdir $(wildmat pod1/*.pod)) is *exactly* what one wants and is much
more readable than the shell equivalent.  Oh well.