[OpenAFS-devel] pinstall versus install-sh

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:38:21 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:

> i noticed the following comment in the cvs logs today:
>
>> replacing the Transarc paths.  Also fix a problem with the way that
>> pinstall was being used to install man pages.  (Silly me, I was assuming
>> it had the same behavior as install.)
>
> should we even keep pinstall around?  there are probably
> better choices now, like install-sh.

well, makefiles would need to be rewritten to use a non-pinstall install
and then we could just forget it existed entirely (install-sh or not,
though I am not opposed to install-sh)

there's probably xinstall in cvs, since i think i started working on
killing pinstall like 3 years ago

Derrick