[OpenAFS-devel] unencumbered ptserver replacement almost complete

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:20:15 -0600

Brett, we need to talk ;)

Yes, there is interest. I've been wanting to give this a try on the
scl.ameslab.gov afs/ldap infrastructure.

The current problem I'm running into is I'm trying to allow iastate.edu
users to access our cluster machines and mount their /afs/iastate.edu
home directories.

However, k5userok() is unhappy that the local users have a different UID
than AFS ID, so I can't actually get logged into the cluster machine
which needs to support users with /afs/scl.ameslab.gov and
/afs/iastate.edu home directories.

> I'd like to give this project to the community, if there is interest. I'm
> new  to AFS code, so it's not as pretty/efficient as it could be, but it's
> a start  and it at least works.
>
> Anything you could tell me would be great. Thanks!
>
> -Brett Trotter

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz