[OpenAFS-devel] Problem with CB_WhoAreYou

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:28:10 -0500

On Tuesday, February 08, 2005 07:32:49 PM +0100 Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke@SerNet.DE> wrote:

> in viced/host.c gives some more messages in FileLog, but my problem goes
> away.

I'm sorry, but you've done a poor job of describing your problem, if in
fact there even is one.  Instead of quoting actual log messages, you quoted
the line of code that prints them, which is useless since we don't get to
see the actual values that would have been printed including the error code.

Further, the mere appearance of this message in the FileLog does not
necessarily mean there is a problem.  It often means that the client in
question cannot be reached by the fileserver, possibly because its network
connection is broken in such a way that it can send but not receive
traffic.  That may indicate a problem with the client, but it is usually
one the user is going to notice on his own.

The code change you suggest would have the effect of not ever calling
RXAFSCB_WhoAreYou().  If you have clients which do not support
RXAFSCB_TellMeAboutYourself(), then this is bound to cause breakage in
several ways.

If you are noticing actual problems, rather than just messages in your
FileLog, please describe what they are.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer