[OpenAFS-devel] patch for S/390x Kernel 2.6 support

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:32:49 -0500

On Thursday, February 10, 2005 09:12:12 AM +0100 Soewono Effendi
<soewono.effendi@sysgo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>> Also, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know whether the new
>> syscall-table-scanning code works.
>
> sadly, this didn't work on s390x - linux26.
> I'm working on it.

I don't expect the scanning code in 1.3.78 or on the CVS head to work on
any S/390.  Before you do any work, please try the osi_probe module in

/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/jhutz/junk/osi_probe

The Makefile in that directory should be able to build the module against
your running kernel without any help, and running 'make check' will test
it, print the results, and generate a check.out which contains debugging
data that may help me get it working if it doesn't already.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer