[OpenAFS-devel] some requests

Steve Simmons scs@di.org
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:38 -0500

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 01:57:20PM +0100, Peter Somogyi wrote:

> I've got some requests to implement, see the attachment for descriptions
> and plans.  We would like to see the implementation in the CVS.
> Any comments appreciated.

> #01:
> "extend the vos examine command with the parameters -server
> -partition  to do a bulk vos examine for a server or for a server specific
> partition ."
>
> "bulk" means here multiple volume listing (textual).

I can't speak as to the plan, but would definately find this a useful
feature.  I strongly suggest moving to a tabular format for output
to eliminate redundant data, but don't have any specific preferences.

I would like to see a --csv switch such that data could be printed as
simple comma-separated fields and thus easily parsed for other reporting.
--
  "She was energetic and vivacious, qualities he'd found lacking in
herbivores."